These classes are for new members after they have attended the Induction Session.
Below are just some of the behaviours you will learn to teach to your dog –
- Bridging and Look / Watch.
- Handling – Teaching your dog to accept their paws, face/mouth, tail/genitals, tummy etc. being touched. A useful way to desensitise dogs so they can relax and co-operate when visiting the Vet or Groomer.
- Loose Leash Walking.
- Hand targeting.
- Polite greetings.
- Wait to be fed.
- Drop / Sit.
You will also learn about other concepts, such as –
- Resource Guarding and how to manage it.
- Hand targeting your dog onto their mat, or “safe place”.
- Dog and Human body language – how to utilise these as training tools.
- How, when, why, and how often to reinforce your dog when training.
- Massage, relaxation, calm socialisation with dogs and humans.
- Fading the lure.
After a four-week training cycle in Introduction Class, you will graduate to Class 1, unless your Instructor thinks your dog would benefit from a little more time spent in Introduction Class.