Below are just some of the things you will learn how to teach to your dog.
- How to settle your dog so he/she will sit for a period of 5 seconds.
- Heeling – aiming for loose lead walking.
- The hand signals for Sit and Stay.
- Sit / Stay – with you pivoting in front of your dog so your knee is close to their nose and then pivoting back to your dog’s side.
- Group socialisation and then recalling your dog from the group.
- Patting and touching your dog all over which helps to make Vet checks, handling, and social pats much easier.
- Gaining and keeping your dog’s attention
- How and when to reward your dog
- How to signal end of formal training to your dog.
To graduate –
- Walk at heel for 10 metres.
- Sit on command and remain for 5 seconds.
- Perform sit/stay nose to knee.
- Able to recall your dog (on lead) from a group.