These classes are for new members after they have attended the Induction Session and will be sorted by dog size into 2 classes:
- small, and small / medium
- medium and large
Regardless of whether your pup is 4 months old or your dog is 1, 2 or, 3 years old, etc., it’s size will determine which class you are placed in.
This will allow pups and dogs to progress at their own rate into Class 1. Puppies no longer need to wait until they are 6 months old to move to Class 1.
Below are just some of the things you will learn how to teach to your pup / dog.
- Calm Socialisation – Showing you how to calm your puppy / dog in new situations and around other dogs.
- Basic Commands – Familiarising the pup with watch, sit, drop, come and wait.
- Accepting Touch – Getting your pup used to its paws, face / mouth, tail genitals, tummy, etc., being touched.
- How to stop them guarding food, toys, etc. – Resource guarding.
- How and when to reward your dog.
After a full month of attending the Introduction Class, you will move to Class 1, unless your pup or dog needs a little more time.