Rules as of May 2011
A copy of the Centre’s constitution is available from the Registrar.
The Centre’s Ground Rules have been made with consideration given to Public Liability.
- All members must wear their membership badge, and be financial to attend class.
- All dogs must be on lead from 9:00 am Sunday, and during all classes, unless you are given permission by an Instructor.
- Dog owners/handlers are responsible for any injury to another dog, or owner/handler where their dog is involved.
- A dog who has bitten, or shown undue aggression, must be reported to the Chief Instructor of the day.
- Bitches in season are not allowed on the grounds during training sessions.
- Generally accepted social behaviour is expected of all members/attendees.
- Classes are held on Sundays from February to December, except on LONG WEEKENDS. When weather conditions are extreme, modified classes will be conducted with the health and welfare of members, and dogs, in mind. If persistent rain, or a storm is forecast, please contact the club on 8268 5046 to determine if classes will be conducted.
- Current vaccination certificates must be shown to the Registrar when joining, and upon renewal of membership every 12 months, or when due.
- Dog owners/handlers are to wear covered footwear during classes on the grounds. Bare feet, and open footwear, are not permitted.
- We use positive reinforcement training, therefore excessive reprimands such as yelling, hitting, or kicking of dogs, are not to be used by dog owners/handlers.
- Dog owners/handlers are asked to use a Martingale/training collar for the comfort, and well-being of their dog during training. Check chains, and slip collars, are not to be used in class. Their general use is discouraged as chains are intimidating, and can cause significant harm to your dog.
- Activity equipment is to be used only when owners/handlers have been instructed in its use by an Instructor.